The Simple Future Tense is formed by combining the modal verb‘will’/‘shall’with the base form of a verb.
Modal verb‘will’/‘shall’+ Base form of a verb = Simple Future Tense
情态动词‘will’/‘shall’+ 原形动词 = 一般将来时态
will + go = will go
shall + see = shall see
The simple future tense is used to talk about future action. We use ‘will’with all nouns and pronouns. Apart from‘will’,‘shall’can also be used with the pronouns‘I’and ‘we’.
I will/shall see you again next Monday.
Weilong will discuss the matter with you tomorrow.
They will go for a picnic next weekend.
Meimei and her family will visit us soon.
We will/shall hear a concert tonight.
You will catch the train if you hurry.
The‘Going To’Form is formed by combining the auxiliary verb ‘am’/‘is’/‘are’,‘going to’and the base form of a verb.
‘Going To’形式的形成方式是把助动词‘am’/‘is’/‘are’、‘going to’及原形动词结合。
Auxiliary verb (am/is/are) +‘Going To’+ Base form of a verb =‘Going To’ Form
助动词 (am/is/are) +‘Going To’+ 原形动词 =‘Going To’形式
am + going to + see = am going to see
is + going to + do = is going to do
are + going to + win = are going to win
The‘going to’form is used:
(i) to talk about future action, especially a planned action.
I am going to plant a fruit tree in the backyard of my house.
Mr. Li and his family are going to tour Australia next month.
Irene is going to wash her car this evening.
(ii) to show that something is sure to happen.
My wife is going to give birth in a couple of days.
The election is going to take place next month.
The plants are going to wither without any water.
A. Fill in the blanks with the simple future tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. Tracy ____________ (call) you when she reaches home.
2. We ____________ (go) shopping when the rain stops.
3. Linda ____________ (buy) you a birthday present next week.
4. Wesly ____________ (fetch) you from the railroad station this evening.
5. I ____________ (wash) my car next week.
6. Valerie ____________ (accompany) you to the post office next Monday.
7. The postman ____________ (deliver) the parcel to you this afternoon.
8. Henry ____________ (reply) to his pen pal’s letter in a while.
9. The children ____________ (swim) in the lake tomorrow.
10. We ____________ (raise) funds for the old folks’ home soon.
B. Rewrite the following sentences, using the‘going to’form of the verbs in brackets.
1. I (visit) my grandparents next Sunday.
2. My father and I (paint) our house next weekend.
3. Sarah (show) me the pictures that she took in Paris.
4. Let’s stay indoors. It (rain).
5. The government (demolish) the old buildings.
6. Look out! The dog (attack) you.
7. We (grow) some flowers in our garden soon.
8. I am thirsty. I (drink) a glass of water to quench my thirst.
9. They are not feeling well. They (see) a doctor first thing in the morning.
10. My parents (throw) a party to celebrate my birthday.
1. will call
2. will/shall go
3. will buy
4. will fetch
5. will/shall wash
6. will accompany
7. will deliver
8. will reply
9. will swim
10. will/shall raise
1. I am going to visit my grandparents next Sunday.
2. My father and I are going to paint our house next weekend.
3. Sarah is going to show me the pictures that she took in Paris.
4. Let’s stay indoors. It is going to rain.
5. The government is going to demolish the old buildings.
6. Look out! The dog is going to attack you.
7. We are going to grow some flowers in our garden soon.
8. I am thirsty. I am going to drink a glass of water to quench my thirst.
9. They are not feeling well. They are going to see a doctor first thing in the morning.
10. My parents are going to throw a party to celebrate my birthday.